Fancy a curry that's packed with flavour but not with fat? This spicy dish is the perfect guilt-free Friday night treat.
Heat the rapeseed oil in a deep frying pan over a medium heat.
Add the onion and aubergine and cook for 10 minutes. Add in all the
spices, ginger and garlic for the last 2 minutes.
Stir in the tomato purée, tomatoes, chickpeas and passata, then
simmer for 12-15 minutes. Add a little water if the curry is
looking too thick.
Meanwhile, put the basmati rice in a pan with 400ml cold water.
Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
Add the honey and chilli to the curry and season with freshly
ground black pepper. Stir through most of coriander and mint just
before serving. Divide the rice and curry between bowls and garnish
with the reserved herbs and a swirl of oil to serve.
Cook's tip: Fancy a meaty version? Add a
300g pack of diced lamb by Sainsbury's along with the
- 1 tablespoon So Organic rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 medium aubergines, chopped into 2cm cubes
- 1 teaspoon garam masala by Sainsbury's
- 1 teaspoon turmeric by Sainsbury's
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg by Sainsbury's
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds by Sainsbury's
- 2 cubes frozen crushed ginger by Sainsbury's
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian tomato purée by Sainsbury's
- 2 x 400g tins Taste the Difference Pomodorini cherry tomatoes in rich tomato sauce
- 410g tin chickpeas in water by Sainsbury's, drained and rinsed
- 200ml Italian passata by Sainsbury's
- 200g basmati rice by Sainsbury's
- 1 teaspoon runny honey by Sainsbury's
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- ½ x 31g pack fresh coriander by Sainsbury's, leaves picked, washed and chopped
- ½ x 28g pack fresh mint by Sainsbury's, leaves picked, washed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil by Sainsbury's