Chicken & mushroom miso soup
This zesty noodle broth with a hint of chilli makes a perfect midweek supper. This dish provides 2 of your 5 a day.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or saucepan. Add the spring
onions and add half of the chilli and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add
the chicken and cook for a further 5 minutes. Pour in the stock and
stir in the miso paste. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Stir in the mushrooms, broccoli, cabbage and rice noodles and
cook for 4-5 minutes, until the veg is just tender and the chicken
is cooked through with no pink
remaining. Stir in the lime juice.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish
with the remaining chilli and lime wedges to serve.
For a more intense flavour, use shiitake mushrooms in place of
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil by Sainsbury's
- 1 bunch spring onions by Sainsbury's, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli by Sainsbury's, deseeded and chopped
- 460g pack chicken breast fillet portions by Sainsbury's, cut into chunks
- 1.5 litres hot chicken stock, made with 2 chicken stock cubes by Sainsbury's
- 3 tablespoons miso paste by Sainsbury's
- 250g pack chestnut mushrooms by Sainsbury's, quartered
- 200g broccoli by Sainsbury's, cut into small florets
- 150g (about 1/3rd ) sweetheart cabbage by Sainsbury's, roughly chopped
- 300g pack rice noodles by Sainsbury's
- Juice of 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve