Chicken nuggets with dip and avocado salad
The kids can help make these by dipping the chicken into the eggs and crumbs.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Cut the chicken
breasts* into large bite-size pieces. Mix together the breadcrumbs,
Parmigiano and fresh chives in a bowl. Put the beaten egg in
- Dip the chicken into the beaten egg and then into the
breadcrumbs. Repeat once more to make a good crust.
- Place the breadcrumbed chicken on a baking sheet and bake in
the oven for 12-14 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden and the
meat is cooked through with no pink remaining.
- Toss the salad ingredients together with the oil and vinegar.
Spoon the dip into small pots. Serve the nuggets with the salad and
the dip on the side.
*Wash hands after handling raw meat.
- FOR THE NUGGETS
- 2 x 333g packs British chicken breast fillet portions by Sainsbury's
- 90g panko breadcrumbs by Sainsbury's
- 25g Sainsbury's Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 4 tablespoons washed and snipped fresh chives
- 3 medium British free-range Woodland eggs by Sainsbury's, beaten
- FOR THE SALAD
- 335g pack cherry tomatoes by Sainsbury's, washed and halved
- ½ cucumber, washed and chopped
- 2 avocados, stoned, peeled and chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ½ x 25g pack fresh mint leaves by Sainsbury's, washed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil by Sainsbury's
- 1 tablespoon Sainsbury's Spanish sherry vinegar
- FOR THE DIP
- ½ x 230g tub soured cream and chive dip by Sainsbury's