These delicate meringues are flavoured with cocoa and raspberry jam, which makes them look pretty, as well as taste amazing.
- Preheat the oven to 110°C, fan 90°C, gas ¼. Line two baking
sheets with greaseproof paper.
- In a clean, grease-free bowl, whisk the egg whites until they
form stiff peaks. Slowly add the caster sugar, tablespoon by
tablespoon, whisking until it is all combined.
- Divide the mixture between two bowls, then gently fold the
cocoa powder into one and the jam into the other.
- Drop large dollops of the mixtures onto the prepared baking
sheets. You will get 3 meringues from each of the 2 mixtures.
- Bake in the oven for 2 hours, then turn the oven off and leave
in the warm oven for a further 1 hour before removing. Allow to
cool completely before serving.
Use the leftover egg yolks to make a custard - or a simple glaze
- 6 medium British free-range Woodland eggs by Sainsbury's, whites only
- 330g Sainsbury's Fairtrade caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Taste the Difference raspberry conserve