Malaysian vegetable laksa
A really quick curry that's packed with veg. Serving it with naan
bread, rather than rice, makes it even quicker. This recipe provides 3 of your 5 A Day too.
- Put the curry paste in a pan with the ginger, the chopped
chillies and half the coconut milk. Bring to the boil, then turn
down to a simmer and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes. Add the
remaining coconut milk and the stock and simmer for a further 2
- Add the peas, babycorn, mange tout and noodles and cook for 5
minutes, until just tender. Remove from the heat and stir in the
- Ladle the hot soup into 4 bowls and garnish with the sliced
chillies and the chopped peanuts to serve.
If you eat fish, you could add raw prawns in with the peas and
babycorn, and simmer until cooked through.
- 2 tablespoons fragrant Thai base by Sainsbury's
- 1cm-piece fresh ginger,peeled and grated
- 2 red chillies by Sainsbury's,1 deseeded and finely chopped;1 thinly sliced
- 400ml tin reduced-fat coconut milk
- 850ml vegetable stock, made with 1 vegetable stock cube by Sainsbury's
- 250g frozen British garden peas by Sainsbury's
- 175g pack babycorn and mange tout by Sainsbury's, babycorn halved lengthways
- 300g pack fresh rice noodles by Sainsbury's
- 100g bag young leaf spinach by Sainsbury's
- 20g Fairtrade peanuts by Sainsbury's, dry-fried and roughly chopped