Fly the flag with this refreshing twist on a great British classic - Pimm's and lemonade.
- Place the Pimm's in a saucepan with the sugar, 400ml water and
3 sprigs mint. Cook gently over a low heat, until the sugar
has dissolved. Bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute, then
remove from the heat. Using a spoon, remove the mint from the
- Stir in the lime juice. Pour the mixture into a
freezerproof container and freeze for 2 hours, until hardened
around the edges, then remove from the freezer.
- Tip the mixture into a bowl and, using an electric whisk,
beat for a few minutes, until smoother and lighter in colour.
Pour back into the container and freeze again.
- Repeat this process twice, then keep the granita in the
freezer until ready to serve. Alternatively, churn the mixture
in an ice cream maker for 1 hour, until frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and, using a fork, separate the
particles. Spoon the granita into glasses. Thread the
strawberries, remaining mint leaves and cucumber wedges onto
the cocktail sticks. Serve with the granita and the remaining
drinkaware.co.uk for the facts
- 175ml Pimm's
- 175g caster sugar
- ½ x 28g pack fresh mint
- 2 limes, juiced
- 200g strawberries, hulled
- 50g cucumber, cut into small wedges
From your store cupboard