Pork & apple meatballs
Whip up these tasty meatballs for a weeknight treat. They'll be a hit with kids and adults alike.
- In a large frying pan, heat ½ tablespoon olive oil and cook the
onion for 5 minutes until soft. Transfer the onion to a large bowl,
add the mince, apple sauce, sage and breadcrumbs. Season with
freshly ground black pepper and mix together until well
- Shape the mince into 12 balls. Heat the remaining oil in the
frying pan and fry the meatballs for 10 minutes, turning, until
cooked through with no pink remaining. Remove from the pan, set
aside and keep warm.
- Stir-fry the cabbage for 2 minutes in the frying pan.
- Make the sauce: heat the soured cream in a small pan and stir
through the cornflour mixture. Slowly add the beef stock and simmer
for 5 minutes until thickened. Meanwhile, heat the mash to pack
- Serve the mash with the meatballs, cabbage and cranberry sauce,
then pour over the sauce.
To make your own fresh breadcrumbs, tear fresh white bread into
small pieces and whiz in a food processor for a few moments to form
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil by Sainsbury's
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 x 500g pack be good to yourself extra lean British pork mince
- 2 tablespoons Bramley apple sauce by Sainsbury's
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage by Sainsbury's
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 400g savoy cabbage by Sainsbury's, chopped
- 70ml soured cream
- 1 tablespoon cornflour, mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water
- 150ml beef stock
- 2 x 400g packs ready mashed potato by Sainsbury's
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce by Sainsbury's