Prawn cocktail finger sandwiches
These sandwiches are filled with a classic British pub favourite - prawn cocktail. Succulent prawns are smothered in a spicy, creamy sauce.
- Cut the bread into 8 slices and remove the crusts.
- Put the mayonnaise in a bowl and add the crème fraîche, lemon
zest and juice, cayenne pepper and tomato ketchup. Mix together
well, then add the prawns and stir to combine.
- Divide the prawn mixture between 4 of the bread slices then top
with the remaining four slices of bread.
- To serve, cut each sandwich into 3.
Make it healthier:
Use half-fat crème fraîche to make these sandwiches.
Chop up a pack of basics seafood sticks and use in place of the
Want to make these really easy? Just use our prawn cocktail by
Sainsbury's ready-made filling.
Make an indulgent version using Taste the Difference cooked jumbo
- 400g Sainsbury's unsliced white farmhouse loaf
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise by Sainsbury's
- 2 tablespoons Sainsbury's British crème fraîche
- Zest and juice ½ washed, unwaxed lemon
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper by Sainsbury's
- 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup by Sainsbury's
- 200g basics cooked and peeled prawns