Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs
Use basics smoked salmon, eggs and a pinch of delicate onion-like chives to create a really special dish.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs and chives with some freshly
ground black pepper.
- Melt 40g of the butter in a small, non-stick pan over a
medium-low heat. When hot, add the eggs and gently cook, stirring
occasionally, for 3 minutes or until softly scrambled.
- Meanwhile toast the bagels and spread with the remaining
butter. When the eggs are ready, remove them from the heat and fold
through the smoked salmon trimmings. Divide the bagel between 4
plates and spoon over the salmon and eggs. Season with freshly
ground black pepper and serve.
- 8 basics eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 50g basics unsalted butter, plus extra for spreading
- 1 x 120g pack basics Scottish smoked salmon trimmings
- 2 bagels, split horizontally
From your store cupboard
- Freshly ground black pepper